Cub Parent Weekends
At Cub Parent Weekend at Camp Josepho, we create two opportunities: for parents to teach the values of the Cub Scout program, and for Cub Scouts to learn more about their parent’s values and beliefs, all while sharing in outdoor activities and memories that will last a lifetime. We have noticed that dedicating time to your child one-on-one brings the best out of parent and child.
2020 Cub/Parent Weekend Dates
Spring and Fall Cub Parent Weekends
All registered Cub Scouts can attend. Cub Scouts must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. This is a one-on-one weekend that provides a unique and special bonding experience between a Cub Scout and a parent or legal guardian.
Fun-filled Activities! All registered Cub Scouts can attend. Cub Scouts must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Siblings and other family members can only attend the Family Camp Weekend at Camp Whitsett and Camp Emerald Bay.
Each season has a different program with different crafts and events. Common to all seasons are the B.B.’s and archery events, which are a favorite among the boys. Boys participating in these events can earn the B.B.’s and archery belt loops, only available through programs such as this.
Activities can include:
- Program Activities (One Scout and One Parent participate together)
- Campfire Programs
- Disco Dance Party
- Assorted Crafts
- B.B. Shooting
- Field Sports
- Much, much more!
Cool 4-segment Patch!
This cool four-segment patch is earned by attending all three seasons!
- Cub-Parent Weekends Section: You earn this for attending any session.
- Spring Fling Section: You earn this for attending any spring season Cub/Parent Weekend at Camp Josepho.
- Autumn Event Section: You earn this for attending any fall season Cub/Parent Weekend at Camp Josepho.
- Summer Sizzle: You can earn this section for attending Family Camp at Camp Whitsett.