At Cub Parent Weekend at Camp Josepho, we create two opportunities: for parents to teach the values of the Cub Scout program, and for Cub Scouts to learn more about their parent’s values and believes, all while sharing in outdoor activities and memories that will last a lifetime. We have noticed that dedicating time to your child one-on-one brings the best out of parent and child.
2017 Cub/Parent Weekend Dates
Spring and Fall Cub Parent Weekends
All registered Cub Scouts can attend. Cub Scouts must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. This is a one-on-one weekend that provides a unique and special bonding experience between a Cub Scout and a parent or legal guardian.
Fun-filled Activities! All registered Cub Scouts can attend. Cub Scouts must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Siblings and other family members can only attend the Family Camp Weekend at Camp Whitsett and Camp Emerald Bay.
Each season has a different program with different crafts and events. Common to all seasons are the B.B.’s and archery events, which are a favorite among the boys. Boys participating in these events can earn the B.B.’s and archery belt loops, only available through programs such as this.
Activities can include:
- Program Activities (One-Scout and One-Parent participate together)
- Campfire Programs
- Disco Dance Party
- Assorted Crafts
- B.B. Shooting
- Field Sports
- Much, much more!
Cool 4-segment Patch!
This cool four-segment patch is earned by attending all three seasons!
- Cub-Parent Weekends Section: You earn this for attending any session.
- Spring Fling Section: You earn this for attending any spring season Cub/Parent Weekend at Camp Josepho.
- Autumn Event Section: You earn this for attending any fall season Cub/Parent Weekend at Camp Josepho.
- Summer Sizzle: You can earn this section for attending Family Camp at Camp Whitsett.
Check out this cool camper video!
This is an easy way to do camping. All you bring is your tent, sleeping bag and toiletries. All of your food is provided at the Lodge!
Complete Camping Experience for One Low Price!
The weekend includes all food from Saturday breakfast to Sunday breakfast, all craft supplies, patch and camping fees. T-shirts are available for pre-order on the registration page.
Weekend Camping Fees
- Cost is $110 for one Cub and one adult together.
- NO REFUNDS
- Deadline for registration is the Friday one week before camp starts, or 300 people.
- Register early to secure a space.
- Family Camp opportunities are available at Camp Emerald Bay and Camp Whitsett.
- Medical Form – Annual Health and Medical Record Form is Required for All Campers (Youth& Adult).
- Cub Parent Release – Firearm, Josepho Road, and Photo Releases – one per family.
For additional information contact the Camping Department at (818)firstname.lastname@example.org or Sunday Moore at email@example.com.